Finding a place to buy tropical fruit on the Big Island of Hawaii isn’t hard. There are plenty of farmers markets selling all the top best sellers. Most often you can find many varieties of papaya, pineapple, mango, lychee and more. Some vendors at markets bring their rare fruits and foods with them. Here is a list of Hawaii Island farmer’s markets from the Hāmākua Ag Coop.
Regardless, tracking down new exotic fruits is little bit harder than showing up at farmers markets. Most exotic fruit enthusiasts grow their own at home and share them with their friends and neighbors.
Below is a short list of places where you can be sure to find a large selection of seasonal exotic and tropical fruits.
Where to buy tropical fruit and Exotics on Big Island:
- Hilo Farmers market on Wednesdays and Saturdays.
- South Kona Fruit Stand
- Island Naturals – often has selections including Soursop, Rollinia, Mamey Sapote, Rambutan, Black Sapote, White Sapote, Starfruit
- Locavore Store in Hilo – sells everything it can find
- Adaptations – Kona CSA box
- Pop-up road side stands for seasonally available produce
- Us, ʻĀina Exotics of course